||Party, Lunch or Dinner
||Side Dishes, Deep Fried,
||Aloo Gobi Methi Tuk
2 medium potatoes
1½ cups cauliflower, cut into florets
1 teaspoon cumin seeds (jeera)
¼ teaspoon asafoetida (hing)
1½ teaspoons ginger-green chilli paste
1 cup fenugreek (methi) leaves, finely chopped
2 teaspoons chaat masala
1 tablespoon oil
salt to taste
oil for deep frying
- Cut the potatoes into thick wedges (lengthwise) with the skin
- Deep fry the potatoes and cauliflower separately till they
are golden brown. Drain on absorbent paper and keep aside.
- Heat the oil in a non-stick pan, add the cumin seeds and
asafoetida and heat.
- When the seeds crackle, add the ginger-green chilli paste
and sauté for 1 minute.
- Add the fenugreek leaves and sauté till the leaves
are crisp and lightly browned.
- Add the fried potato and cauliflower pieces, chaat masala
and salt and mix well.
- Serve hot.
Cooking Time : 15 mins.
Preparation Time : 25 mins.
Serves : 4 to 5 people
and cauliflower make a wonderful combination with methi leaves. This
tasty vegetable is sure to perk up any meal and it is one of my
All content © Spice
, No material may be reproduced electronically or in print.