||Party, Lunch or Dinner
||Side Dishes, Deep Fried,
||Crispy Bhindi aur Pyaz
250 grams bhindi (ladies fingers)
¼ cup maize flour (makai ka atta)
2 teaspoons cumin seeds (jeera)
2 cups onions, sliced
1½ teaspoons chaat masala
2 tablespoons oil
salt to taste
oil for deep frying
- Trim the ends of the bhindi and cut each bhindi into 6 to 8
- Apply salt on the bhindi strips and leave aside for 15 to 20
- Add the maize flour and toss well.
- Deep fry the bhindi, a few pieces at a time in hot oil, till
they are light brown in colour. Drain on absorbent paper and
- Heat the oil in a pan and add the cumin seeds. When they
crackle, add the onion slices and sauté till they are
- Add the fried bhindi, chaat masala and toss well.
- Serve immediately.
Cooking Time : 15 mins.
Preparation Time : 10 mins.
Serves : 4 to 5 people
|These crisp fried
ladies finger strips tossed with caramelised onions are truly
delightful. Maize flour added to the bhindi makes it crisp and
causes the bhindi to absorb less oil. You can use whole wheat flour
(atta) or jowar flour instead of maize flour. This preparation makes
a tasty accompaniment to dal-chawal.
All content © Spice
, No material may be reproduced electronically or in print.